Job Title : (Volunteer) Anchor for SangamTalks
We are looking for a volunteer (pro-bono) anchor for hosting SangamTalks who can invest 15-20 hours each month to help anchor and help with post-talk edits of up to two lectures of SangamTalks.
Languages for lectures: English and Tamil / Marathi / Bangla / Malayalam
How the process works
- Researching potential speakers and selection based on need for talks on varied topics related to Indic causes, history and current affairs.
- Contacting speakers and prospecting a date and time for a talk.
- Preparing invites (with help of creative team) for talks to publish on Sangam Talks social media handles.
- Arranging orientation calls with speakers for audio-video check before the talk.
- Hosting and Co-hosting talks on Zoom with a live audience. Join us to experience a live session over a weekend; see schedule: https://www.facebook.com/sangamtalks/
- Uploading the audio-video files of the talks’ recordings onto the Google drive repository of Sangam Talks to be passed on to the video editing team for further action.
- Internal Review: check TN and talk for quality. Identify Power statements and edits.
- Final Review: Upload Description, Speaker’s Bio, links, Tags and TN on YouTube studio.
- Premiere: Inform the premiere date to the Speaker.
- Snippets And Quotes: Identify and update descriptions/titles (post upload) on SangamTalks channels.
Compensation: Pro-bono volunteer manager
Please send in your responses to: email@example.com
About Sangam Talks
‘Sangam Talks’ is an Indic platform and YouTube channel that invites speakers to deliver lectures on Indian history, Indian knowledge systems, values, culture (music, arts, traditions), and even current issues related to the ‘Indian civilization’.
Our speakers span across academicians, scholars, researchers, journalists, practitioners of the arts, social activists, and spiritual leaders.
We record these lectures, carry out high quality editing including syncing voice-video-PPT slides, and finally upload these on your YouTube channel for larger and global viewership. Currently we are organising three lectures online via Zoom. We do not live stream our lectures on any social platform.
You could see us as the TED of Indic ideas. You may see the channel: https://www.youtube.com/sangamtalks
Why might you consider working with us?
If you’re on a break from the corporate world OR are looking for a sabbatical for 1-2 years from the corporate world OR perhaps even actively looking for a full-time position in the Indic space, then SangamTalks is a great place for you to be.
‘Documentation of knowledge’ for posterity is one the most important activities required in challenging current ‘leftist narratives’ and reclaiming the space for spreading and mainstreaming Dharmic narratives.
Towards this objective, SangamTalks is a project of strategic importance with a very long-term impact. Having a combined following of nearly 450,000 followers on our channels we have built a very strong base and now is the time for massive scaling up of our work and build content in all major Indian languages.
Towards this we are looking to build transcription & translation teams, social media teams and processes, build better editorial content, be better at monetizing our YouTube videos.